There are so many ways and products out in the market today that are being applied to the face. Not everyone is a makeup fanatic and several women still struggle with applying their own makeup merely because they do not know the right steps or sometimes do not have the required products. If you want to look naturally beautiful and are looking for an effective way to apply your mineral foundation makeup, here are some steps to apply foundation effectively:
Courtesy –The Odyssey Online
- Make sure that your face is wiped clean. A face that still has remnants of last night or has not been cleaned properly is going to lead to a lot of breakouts and disastrous skin in the future. So make sure your skin has been cleansed clean.
- Some people prefer that you apply moisturizer; this is especially true for people who have dry skin. Applying foundation on dry skin can lead to flaky and cracked skin. Applying a moisturizer makes the skin soft and supple and also provides you with a good base to apply the foundation.
- Use a primer if you want to take care of your dark circles and marks. A primer is pretty much like a balancing product. It creates the perfect canvas for you to begin applying the base. The dents and marks can easily be covered. If you pair the primer with a concealer, it is even better, but this might be a tricky thing for people who are new to makeup to achieve.
Now that you have the three basic steps, you can easily apply foundation effectively.
There is a lot of hue and cry about mineral makeup being healthy. Thus, there are many who on and off question what it is composed of and why they should believe that it is the best option out there. Here is a list of some of the main components of mineral make up and how they positively impact the skin.
- Iron Oxide – this ingredient is processed to rid itself of any harmful heavy metals. They have earthy tones and are usually used for foundations.
- Micas – this product is used for its lustre. It instantly provides glow to your skin because of its highly reflective properties. This further takes away the attention from pores, making them look like there are none.
- Talc – this ingredient is cleansed of any harmful things it might contain before it is added to the makeup. Its soothing properties are known.
- Zinc oxide – this ingredient acts as a white powder and is especially lauded for its sunscreen properties in mineral makeup, especially those made by Eco Minerals. It also has the power to heal wounds. Furthermore, it is known to have skin-healing properties and may even help improve skin in some cases. It has pretty good coverage and stays on the skin well.
- Titanium oxide – this ingredient also has properties that act as a sunscreen. It also further helps make the makeup stay on the skin and has a high coverage. Moreover, it also reflects light because of its crystal-like texture and gives a shiny look.
These are the main ingredients though there are many other including boron nitride, silica, magnesium stearate, etc.